Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to: Board of Trustees
Location: Flexible – The Juno Project offices are based in Littlehampton Sussex, however due
to the nature of the work the post-holder will work flexibly
Salary: circa £35,000 (pro-rata)
Hours: 24 hours per week (3 days a week)
Annual leave: 25 days (pro-rata)
We are a registered charity who help young people, particularly young women of school age, who have experienced significant challenges in their lives. We encourage them to explore their behaviours, attitudes and responses - and develop a growth mindset that will enable them to overcome barriers and achieve whatever goals they set themselves.
Our programme, “This Is Me”, is based on three simple words: “encourage, enthuse and empower” - we are committed to providing support and activities which develops their skills, capacities and capabilities, enabling them to participate in society as mature and responsible individuals. We aim to work with 1,200 in 5 years’ time – an ambitious goal which requires people who share our same enthusiasm and values to achieve this.
So, if you’re as passionate about this cause as we are, we’d love to hear from you!
We are seeking an authentic, self-motivated business leader with the ability to enthuse others about what we do through championship of our “This Is Me” programme. You will oversee delivery of the Juno Project (TJP) business plan and proactively seek creative ways to fund our programmes and form strategic partnerships, ensuring the charity is sustainable. As a relatively new charity, you will work to develop the structures and operational environment to grow TJP, working collaboratively with our trustees to maintain the strategic vision. You will ensure the charity is well-run and complies with our requirements as set out by the Charity Commission.
Leading and Managing the Organisation
– Lead on development and delivery of the TJP strategic plan and annual budget
– Operate within the annual budget and ensure management and policies are up-to-date and adhered to
– Establish and monitor key indicators of the organisation’s impact and financial health
– Oversee recruitment and development of contractors, volunteers and permanent staff as required to deliver the TJP objectives and annual business plan
– Oversee the training of facilitators to deliver TJP’s This Is Me programme
– Ensuring that mentors are trained and checked as per the company’s Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding policies
– Motivate the organisation’s staff and volunteers, ensuring they are focused and aligned to the TJP mission and aims
– Build effective relationships / partnerships to advance the organisation’s aims
– Establish mechanisms for listening to the views of beneficiaries on the organisation’s performance
– Maintain awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the organisation
– Developing effective partnerships with schools
– Developing and continuously improving the This Is Me programme content in line with feedback and best / emerging practice
– Ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities
Fundraising and Income Generation
– Ensure a sustainable income from individual, corporate, legacy and trust donations
– Exploring and developing commercial revenue streams to ensure longevity and sustainability of TJP and the This Is Me programme
– Identifying, writing and submitting funding bids for relevant grants and funds
Promotion of the Charity
– Represent the organisation at external events and publicity opportunities
– Represent the organisation to the media and give interviews
Working with the Trustee Board
– Build an effective working relationship with the chair of the trustee board and other board members
– Supply regular progress reports / raise risks as appropriate to the trustee board and attend trustee meetings
You Will Have:
- Experience in a senior management or organisational leadership role
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to enthuse and champion others about the work of TJP
- Exceptional business management skills gained through any sector
- The ability to build effective relationships and partnerships to meet organisational aims / objectives
- Experience of fundraising / bid-writing and/or working in a fundraising environment
You May Have:
– Experience of working with committees or boards
– Experience of working with young people / in education / safeguarding environment
– Experience of coaching / mentoring
- Our offices are currently based in Littlehampton, but the role allows for some flexible working
- Domestic, regular travel within the UK is required, for which expenses will be paid. Our programmes currently operate in West and East Sussex
- Board meetings are currently monthly and are held electronically or in Crawley
- The post-holder will have the benefit of working with TJP founder as part of their induction and handover, who will continue to act as ambassador for the Charity
- Candidates are required to submit a CV and personal statement demonstrating their suitability and setting out how they meet the criteria for this role as stated above.
- If your CV and personal statement demonstrate experience of essential criteria, you will be invited to a face to face interview.
- Please submit your CV and a personal statement of no more than 500 words by 5pm on Friday 23rd November 2018 to: email@example.com
Click here to access the biographies of our trustees.