Are you interested in mentoring one of the girls on our This Is Me programme?
If so, we'd love to hear from you!
We will be working with over 100 girls in 2017-18, in schools across West Sussex, East Sussex and London; and are looking for women who are prepared to give some of their time to mentoring one of the girls on the programme.
You should understand what it is like to have experienced some kind of challenge in your life to date, whether personal, school or career, and be prepared to be honest and open with your mentee about that challenge. The girls who engage with the programme have either been excluded, or are at risk of being excluded (or becoming NEET) from school, and have had a number of challenges to cope; with which has led to a dis-engagement with education.
We would love to hear from you if you are able to:
- volunteer an hour or two per month for a face to face meeting
- keep in touch with your mentee on a more regular basis through the month, via phone calls and/or emails
- support your mentee with a listening ear, general advice and guidance, and an ability to know when to signpost on to more specialist help
- be a professional friend to a young person in need of support
We will offer you:
- Mentoring, counselling techniques, and safeguarding training; plus supervision support
- An enhanced DBS check at our cost
- Regular lunch meetings and invites to events
- The chance to give back and do something hugely rewarding
We see our mentors as the jewel in our crown, and we support and encourage them as much as they support and encourage our young women.
Still interested? Please complete this form, and we will be in touch shortly!